What is the SSA?
The Special Service Area (SSA) program is a funding tool to maintain a clean, attractive, and competitive commercial district. The funding comes from a nominal tax levy on each commercial property within the SSA service area. These services are in addition to services provided by the City of Chicago and provide a unique opportunity to locally fund and manage services that strengthen the community by providing public enhancements that contribute to the quality of living, working, and shopping within a SSA district.
The boundaries of SSA #22 are Clark Street from Ainslie to Victoria and adjoining side streets up to the alleys, plus the south sides of Balmoral and Foster from the west alley to Ashland.
Andersonville SSA #22 supports this vision of Andersonville, with services including advertising and promotion, public way maintenance, public way aesthetics, tenant attraction/retention, façade improvements, parking/transit/accessibility, safety programs, and district planning.
Andersonville’s vibrant commercial district is comprised of unique, locally-owned businesses; celebrates diversity; honors its rich culture and history; fosters joyful community life; and in all actions considers the triple bottom line of people, planet, and prosperity.
The SSA Supports the following programs:
- Sidewalk sweeping & trash/recycling pick up 5X/week (6X/week in the summer)
- Sidewalk pressure washing annually in the spring or summer
- Native Plant planters! Planting, watering and maintenance of the streetscape planters. multiple plantings per year when needed.
- Sidewalk snow removal from November 15 – April 15, when snowfall is 2” or more
- Facade Rebate Program, Security Camera Rebate Program, Public Art Rebate Program, and Better Air Rebate Program.
- Bike corrals
- Holiday marketing for Andersonville businesses
- Andersonville Neighborhood Guide
- Marketing of the Andersonville business district
- Andersonville holiday decorations that includes planters and over 150 decorative light posts.
- Studies and planning
- Business attraction
- Environmental sustainability initiatives
- Public Art ("Life at the Intersections" by Molly Costello)
RFP's for 2023 are now open.
If you would like to be contacted about our services or vendors for SSA 22, please contact David Oakes at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Andersonville SSA #22 Meeting Schedule
- January 27, 2022, 12:30PM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- March 8, 2022, 9:30AM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- April 9, 2022, 2PM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- May 9, 2022, 9:30AM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- June 3, 2022, 10AM via | Agenda | Minutes
- August 30, 2022, 9:00AM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- September 26, 2022, 2PM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- November 8, 2022, 9:30AM via Zoom | Agenda | Minutes
- January 21 Agenda (Commission Minutes January 21) Zoom
- March 11 Agenda (Commission Minutes March 11) Zoom
- April 8 Agenda (Commissioner Minutes April 8) Zoom
- June 29 Agenda (Commissioner Minutes June 29)
- July 14 Agenda (Commission Minutes July 14)
- September 1 Agenda (Commission Minutes September 1)
- October 4, 2021 Agenda (Commission Minutes October 4)
- January 28 Agenda (Commission Minutes January 28)
- March 10 Agenda (Commission Meeting March 10)
- April 7 Agenda (Commission Minutes April 7)
- May 7 Agenda ( Commission Minutes May 7)
- July 7 Agenda (Commission Minutes July 7)
- August 27 Agenda (Commissioner Minutes August 27)
- September 23 Agenda (Commission Minutes September 23)
- December 10 Agenda (Commission Minutes December 10)
- January 29 Agenda (Commission Minutes January 28)
- March 19 Agenda (Commission Minutes March 19)
- May 21 Agenda ( Commission Minutes May 21)
- July 9 Agenda (Commission Minutes July 9)
- September 11 Agenda (Commission Minutes September 11)
- November 13 Agenda (Commission Minutes November 13)
- December 3, December 3