The Office of State Senator Mike Simmons and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity are pleased to announce the 7th District Small Business Restoration Grant. This grant program will provide one-time $10,000 grants to small businesses located in the 7th District.
Eligible businesses must have 25 or fewer W2 employees and operate an independently-owned brick and mortar business legally in the 7th District service area. (click here for 7th District map) Businesses that received IL B2B, BIG grants or any other pandemic-related financial support are eligible to apply.
The following businesses and organizations are NOT eligible to apply:
● Nonprofit organizations
● Home-based businesses
● Private clubs or businesses that limits membership for reasons other than capacity
● A business that derives at least 33% of its gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
● A business engaged in pyramid sales, where a participant's primary incentive is based on the sales made by an ever-increasing number of participants
● A business engaged in activities that are prohibited by federal law or applicable law in the jurisdiction where the business is located or conducted. (Included in these activities is the production, servicing, or distribution of otherwise legal products that are to be used in connection with an illegal activity, such as selling drug paraphernalia or operating a motel that knowingly permits illegal prostitution)
● A business principally engaged in teaching, instructing, counseling, or indoctrinating religion or religious beliefs, whether in a religious or secular setting
● A government-owned business entity (except for businesses owned or controlled by a Native American tribe)
● A business primarily engaged in political or lobbying activities
● A business that manufactures or sells at wholesale tobacco products or that manufactures or sells firearms at wholesale or retail
● A night club or strip club
● A business in which a majority owner has a financial or familial connection to a director, principal shareholder or leadership member of the Department or Department's partner under the program.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online through the online portal. Click here for the online portal. Click one of the languages below for a pdf preview of the application.
Applications must include the following:
● Valid form of photo identification
● 2022 IRS tax returns with income of at least $10,000
● Proof of good standing with the State of Illinois (unless the business is a sole proprietorship which does not file documents with the State annually)
● Proof of a current business license with the City of Chicago
● Provide a W-9 form signed in 2023
If chosen, businesses must agree to become a subgrantee of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and sign a sub-grantee agreement.
December 12, 2023 Application Available
February 2, 2024 Applications Due at 5pm CT
April 2024 Grant Recipients Announced
May 1 - June 30, 2024 Funds Disbursed
This grant is made possible by the following organizations:
Illinois State Senator Mike Simmons - 7th District of Illinois, Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity, Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce, Rogers Park Business Alliance, Uptown Chamber of Commerce, and Swell Virtual Assistance LLC
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, applications must be submitted online through our portal. Click here for the portal. (live on December 12, 2023)
A: Yes, the application is available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Mandarin.
A: Yes. Assistance is available from the following organizations:
A: Applications will be evaluated by the five community organizations: Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, Lincoln Square Chamber of Commerce, Rogers Park Business Alliance, and Uptown Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Office of State Senator Mike Simmons - 7th District of Illinois.